21 November 2013.
5 years ago, I went to one place which I called far far away from home. It is still somewhere in Land Below the Wind, but it was far away from my hometown. That far far away from home was my second-home for five years and a half.. there I met new people. I got the chance to build a circle of friendship, just a small circle then it developed to be the biggest friendship I ever had.
1'st impression, sometimes it's beneficial to do so, but don't judge a book by its cover. I tried my best not to think about others at the first moment I met them.. actually, to be honest I am absent-minded, so I can't remembered all the thoughts I had for the first time when I met and talked to that particular person. But sometimes I am not forgetful, if I said I remember, then I am sure of it.
Friendship is between two people or more, build based on one heart, as one open their hearts and accept others. So, if he or she is in my circle of friendship more than three years, than he or she must be someone that I care. ^^
I found a piece of paper which written by my friends on 2008.. it was a Moral Students activities during the MPPB.. phrases that caught my eyes was pendiam, lemah-lembut, tinggi dan suka senyum.. i guess that will be others first impression when they met me for the first time. I am surely a quiet one if I am new in one place.. I didn't what to say as I barely knew all the people around me at that time.. All I can do was smiling.. just smile. Tinggi.. yup I am tall, not the tallest in my batch, but for my group I am the tallest, maybe.. lemah-lembut i can't explain that.. I am not that lemah-lembut I guess.
When I first saw you, what cross in my mind.. well, honestly I will look at the appearance and behavior, what I see and what I feel that will be my first thoughts.. then after that I will observe their inner attributes. If I met a guy for the first time, honestly word that comes out from my mouth is handsome! haha I can't resist that, sorry kio. When I entered KML long time ago, I met lots of people, about hundreds, there I had learned how to build up my interact and observation skill.
So, when I first come to this place far far away from home, I am still learning that everyone is unique with their own personality, maybe in that way, it helps me to accept new people in and start a circle of friendship. I tried my best to see the positive side and the good quality from their action. It's not hurt to think in a positive way.
What happened when I make an early impression about one person.. I had my own experienced with that, long time ago, I met new friend, at first I thought I can't get along with that particular person. When I think like that, I didn't make any attempt to say Hello.. But that particular person become my best friend till the end of our studies ^^. Now, we still keep in touch.. and if it is not because of the rombakan, I will never have the chance to change my thoughts and have a wonderful friend like her. I am so grateful for having such an awesome friend as she taught me a lot about gospel songs and inspired me a lot in study.
Sometimes, negative thoughts comes out from the result of past experience.. maybe one experiencing sad ending of a friendship, and needs time to heal from it. So, one tend to take precaution when meeting with new people. One will not trust easily, as trust is valuable. Trust, develop only when one hearts is strong enough to believe in someone. It is hard to trust on someone, but once broken, need times to recover.
Maybe this can effect on one first impression as one have their own opinion based on what their had seen, which is maybe similar to their past.
kesimpulannya.. don't judge a book by it's cover.. if the cover is plain, doesn't mean the story is boring.. take a minute, quarter, or maybe half an hour just for a starter.. read it and feel it, then you will know it well.
ps: midnite mode..merapu sak lagi ni. wee ~ ^^

'If the cover is plain, doesn't mean the story is boring.' Nice :)
ReplyDeleteBgtu lai tu ^^
Delete